Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Mom's Village

A visit to Mom's village for a short rainy few hours.

 

 An very old-style door with bars that would slide out providing extra security.   



All the dogs I've encounterd so far seem to be of a similar breed with yellow fur and pointy ears.  On the whole they seem rather disinterested, but I'm still glad it's a little pup rather than the full grown ones that I find here. 

So much rain, too much water. 




Inside Uncle 2's house, an altar to ancestors and a statue of Guanyin. The photo is of my maternal grandfather, whom I've never met. 



Uncle 2's bees. 




(Right: Bamboo.)


Someone else's flooded backyard. 


 The motorised bike / golf cart that act as rickshaws / taxis. 
 (Left: The new school in the area. )

 Uncle 2 shows off the "scrub sponge" squash. 

 A watermelon. 
 Uncle 2 harvests some of Mom's favourite vegetables for our dinner. 
The gate to the communal garden. 

Cousin Djam's wife walks past the old tower. 

No comments: