Mom and I go back to Dad's village. We explore the Village Hall and visit some more family.
The kitchen inside the Village Hall doesn't look like it's currently used.
A small altar.

On the wall, charter for the Village Hall or perhaps a blessing.
I remember Dad saying his name is in a book of ancestory somewhere in this building, but I didn't see it on display. Because he didn't have any any sons, his line, however, ends here. I'm saddened by this, but at least what property we have was able to be passed down even with no male heirs.
The new part of the village:
We visit a relatives' home with in this new area. The floors are certainly much nicer than those in our family home, but the doors with the with posters of door guardians is very traditional.

I didn't think I was that scary, but this little boy was really shy. Or maybe, this is the only way to get a little private time.
(Below: Chickens scratched for food all round, but completely ignored this snail. I was told they don't eat them. The snail eventually hid away when raindrops started falling from the sky.)
This tiny salamander was one of a few that clung to the walls and ceiling of this family friends' house. 



















No comments:
Post a Comment