Sunday, March 07, 2010

A Party for Beth

After picking up drinks (and a giant curly lamb!), Paul and I met up with the other Schemers at St. Luke's church, only to find that they had double booked!  The other group, a band planning on practising, thankfully gave up the space. 

And so we got to work.















Time flew by, and more people started to arrive.  And before long, it was time for us to pick up Beth.

She didn't seem to notice I was nervous, she didn't seem to notice her friends' cars parked outside...

When she walked inside the room was quiet.  And then, turning the corner:

SURPRISE!

(Left: When asked if she suspected...)

Gifts and hugs followed. 





And then dinner! 








"If I Had a Million Dollars"




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

... Andrew and Cara would still make pirate faces. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

And we would still probably play games. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Oh, and of course, dance! 
 
 
 
 

And make more silly faces. 


But then it was time to clean up.  We loaded up the industrial dish washer, and packed things away.  (Though the balloons seemed to want to go home with Paul.) 

No comments: