Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Scenes at Studio Theatre

We first viewed the staging area which was set up for "The Double Inconstancy". The presenter explained the play was in they style of commedia dell'arte - and all actors would be wearing masks.



Masks the day before opening night were still being worked on. While the sets were for the next play were in the making.



In some ways the props area reminded me of a large flea market. Art that wasn't so good, not meant to be good. Coffins, couches, clocks and containers from all eras. And as the dates and years all run together in my mind, (I've never been good at history), I could still image the who just might be handling that particular piece.



With barely any time left she took us to the costuming stores... and I was stunned. Scared in a way. Shoes, hats, gloves... all jumbled together, but in order as well. I didn't take so many pictures... as it all reminded me of an imagined scene: World War II concentration camps... what was left behind. Everything is Illuminated having been read much too recently.


In parting I saw these two items that were not exactly part of the collection. Thought maybe I could get some of that collar stiffener for Darren... and very glad we no longer needed "hose support".

No comments: